Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My ING Direct Story

Late last year my bank, NetBank, went bankrupt and was purchased by ING Direct (all accounts were transferred over from their NetBank counterparts). I was nervous about this transition at first but heard many good things about ING Direct online. It turns out that ING Direct may be a decent choice for folks who specifically seek it out, but it is not a full featured checking account and the feds should not have allowed them to purchase full featured checking account customers. My experience with them ended with my ING direct account being closed against my will (with at least one electronic deposit inbound to them) and a severe fracking of my finances since I've been with them.

3 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience with ING. I had a NetBank account. I loved them. Then...all hell broke loose.

    I recieved one of those worthless accounts, and I am now stuck in banking limbo. When I tried to get a checking account with ING, I was told not to bother, I would not qualify, so take your banking elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least you didn't lose your money when your other "awesome" Netbank went under. Quit your crying and just get a new bank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ING would test your English. If your English is not fluent enough,ING won't open an account for you. ING's staff said, "ING is not for everyone!"

    ReplyDelete

Make your comment, but DO NOT LOSE YOUR HUMANITY!